marți, 5 noiembrie 2013

Private: Studying in a different way

Known as the only creature able to speak, act and think, human being has the chance to learn his entirely life. And it is not only about learning in school but also to learn from life, by living in society and communicating with people from your peer.
And yet, I think that there are some books worthy to be read and even study not as a way of information but as a way to improve your life, your character, you way of thinking.
Last summer I was in Spain. A wonderful country, indeed! But the thing which has remained in my mind since then, is a group of teenagers who were used to meet every Friday for estudios biblicos as they called, which means Bible study. What amazed me was the leader, a very nice person, with a huge kindness. He was very receptive of me, of my life, my needs. I started to attend that meetings and I really liked them.
Estudios biblicos mean that each of us had to get the bible with us and start read some verses from different authors from the bible. The next step was to point to the verses that I liked the most, that stirred something in me, then we had to extract the principles from the verses and try to apply to our own life. It really changed my life!
During that summer I learned some things about studying bible. One of them is that when studying the bible you have to vary the style, by trying to bring a balance between the many and sometimes controversial opinions of the members from the group. When varying the style it is important to abolish the monotony and the routine. It is the role of the leader to make the discussions not boring but exciting and interesting.  There are some ways which can help a leader to improve his style:
The style based on questions and answers. In this case, a question is asked and the members have to write down the answer by sustaining it with verses from the bible.
Another way is to take a passage from the scripture and to study it, to analyze it and to apply it to members’ lives.
Another style concerns the entire bible, by making interpretation on it, extracting principles and applying to their situations, contexts.
A modern perception and way of studying is to split the members in several groups and each group receive a question. The discussion and small groups will help the members to open their mind, to express themselves and to become even vulnerable, sometimes.
Therefore, my experience has brought me a lot of benefits only when I learned how to study in a different way.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu